Friday, October 26, 2007

The crib is done!

Finally, no more cardboard box in the corner of the room, no more packages of bedding in the drawers just waiting to be washed... the crib is put together and done! It really wasn't much work at all, in all honesty - getting the pieces out of the gigantic box they came in was the hardest part!

So the final piece of the puzzle is complete... a comfy bed just waiting for Aidan to join our family! Hopefully he will love his sailboats themed room as much as we do!

And an update!! We took down Ava's crib in her room yesterday and she slept in her full-size big girl bed last night for the first time! She did wonderful, after the inital shock of walking into her room at bedtime and shrieking "My crib?! My crib!?!" She wasn't crazy about the idea of sleeping in her big bed, until we showed her that all of her animals, blankies, pillows and favorite toys were there with her, and then she was ok with the idea. She snuggled in, and we didnt hear a peep out of her all night! SUCCESS!!


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Karin the room turned out so great!! You guys did such an awesome job! And Ava's room turned out beautiful!! Can you come decorate my house next?? :)

By the way...those deleted comments are me...I didn't realize that I was logged on under DH's account when I left them :)