Saturday, November 10, 2007

a quick update...

No gestational diabetes!! YAY! My OB's nurse called me last night, at 8:30pm on a friday night, to give me my test results, and I was terrified to call her back for fear it was bad news, but it really wasn't.

The update is that I am (still) anemic. She started to say "Well, we just need you to start taking an iron supplement..." and I stopped her and said "I was anemic at the very beginning. I've been taking an iron supplement since May." She paushed, said "Oh." and all was quiet! I guess I'm just not "responding" to it. No problem, she is calling in a prescription supplement that is supposed to be better. We'll see - anything with the potential to give a girl more energy is a godsend when they're 7+ months pregnant, and chasing around a 2-year-old daily!!

No comments: