Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Good news today!

I had my TEE today at the Heart Hospital. It went well... they tell me I required a lot of IV medicine to put me to sleep, but I never said I was a cheap date, did I? Luckily, I don't remember any of it, and I am glad to have that behind me!

The news was good! Luckily, my ASD is not very big, and is located in the middle of the septum, which is fixable with a cath lab procedure using a closure device, and not requiring surgery. Dr Robertson still would like me to have one more diagnostic test, a cardiac MRI, in the next week, to get a better image of the heart and major blood vessels, because of the right-side enlargement of my heart as a result of the ASD, and to make sure there are no other vascular anomalies or anything else that could be causing the problem.

Once the MRI is complete, then we will have a set plan of action, but I am unbelievably calm now just in knowing that surgery is out of my near future. I appreciate all of the kind words, good thoughts, and powerful prayers in the past few weeks - they obviously worked!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such great news Karin.

((HUGS))
Amy

The Neiswinger's said...

Karin thanks for sharing the good news. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Tori

bev said...

That's great news Karin!!

Anonymous said...

excellent news! i am so glad. i have been thinking of you everyday!!
-andrea

Anonymous said...

that is GREAT Karin!!!!
Brandi

Anonymous said...

you have been tagged on my blog. Come on over and check it out.

Amy