Tuesday, May 27, 2008

[UN]swaddling success!

I can safely say it, now that it has been a full week - we are free of the swaddle habit! At over 4 months, it was really time to quit, but it has been our safety net, our key to a full nights' sleep, not to mention great naps in his crib during the days. But Aidan is a big boy now - I was beginning to worry about what else I could use to swaddle him, because one by one, he kept growing out of the latest swaddle blankets I'd been relying on to wrap him up tight. It took a few nights of getting up at 2 or 3am, and a few nights of letting him fuss for about 20 minutes before falling asleep, but he's great now. We're using the soft, snuggly cotton Sleep Sacks, so he stays warm, and can move his arms and legs freely. Naps aren't quite as long as they used to be, but he seems happy most all of the day, so I think he's getting plenty of rest. Now I can take a deep breath, and quit searching the Internet for extra large cotton and velcro swaddling contraptions... whew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful. I remember how good it felt to wean Peyton of his. Sleeps sacks have been a life saver. Without them he would be playing with his feet all night.LOL

amy

bev said...

Sweet success!

Stephanie said...

Whew! I remember that feeling with Brad, lol! He is such a big boy!!!